Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boring log : Cleaning up things for passing time away

I have a month of holidays until Aug 4th.

Today I actually ended up labelling and archiving everything on my gmail inbox.
This was because I read-up Gmail Tips: The Complete Collection from head to toe.

Now every mail has at least one label. Yeah (personal opinion) folders are inferior.

You know, I once had such an idea for a filesystem or a user level program where users attached tags (keywords) to files, each one they created, which would keep things organized/searchable. There would also be folders, so you could have the best of both worlds.

Why, a filesystem is complex to hack, but one could easily make a user-level program that just needs to
* Maintain a database of filenames and tags
* Provide a search for paths given tags as the search keys.
* That's it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment